International Educational Projects:
- On May 20, 2022, at the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, a presentation of five promising startups was held, which ambitious innovators developed during three months of training at the “Startup: Preparation for Takeoff” course. The topics of the projects cover the use of IT in the social life of territorial communities, professional communities, in the media space, the accessibility of the judicial system, the provision of rehabilitation and medical services, and each of the projects has every chance to grow into a successful business. The course took place as an educational dimension of the “Innovation Spring of Ukraine” initiative of the Lviv University, which arose with the aim of restoring and accelerating the development of the educational, scientific, and entrepreneurial potential of our country, which was inhibited by Russia’s barbaric invasion of the territory of Ukraine. The event was moderated by Ihor Katernyak and Oleksiy Kushnir, associate professors of the Department of Radiophysics and Computer Technologies, Faculty of Electronics and Computer Technologies.
- In 2022, work continued in accordance with the agreements on scientific and technical cooperation with the University of Wroclaw (Prof. Chaplia Z.), the Poznań Institute of Molecular Physics (Prof. Trybula Z.), the Kielce Polytechnic Institute (Associate Professor Kaluzha S.), the Polytechnic Institute of Czestochowa (Prof. R. Hrabansky) for the study of optical and dielectric properties of ferroelectric crystals, “Joseph Stefan” Institute of Ljubljana, Slovenia; Frascati National Laboratory of the National Institute of Nuclear Physics, Italy; Wheaton College, Norton, Massachusetts, USA; Institute of High Pressure Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland; Institute of Solid State Physics of Riga University, Riga, Latvia; Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, University of Nuremberg, Germany.
- Under the leadership of prof. Bugria O.M. cooperation is carried out with the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, University of Rzeszów (Republic of Poland), Ainanolab (United Arab Emirates), SmartRockStars. There is constant cooperation with educational institutions in Poland: the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Higher School in Bydgoszcz. Topics of cooperation: Inżynieria_oprogramowania, Technologia informacyjna.
- Professor Balytsky O.O. together with the energy campus of Nuremberg (Prof. W.Heiss, Germany) prepared a project of joint actions within the framework of the implementation of smart home concepts, namely – smart indoor climate control – the previous application received the Seal of Excellence from the European Commission.
- Professor Galii P.V.
- 1. Research leader of the SN-67 project “Obtaining and researching chalcogenide materials suitable for the development of magnetoelectronic spintronics devices” Fundamental and applied, grant funds. Client: Board of Trustees of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) (USA) 2017-2020, (extended without registration and payment for 2022.
- 2. Participant of the Project LU-PG1207 (2020-22) “The Anisotropy of Surface Structure and Electron Spectra the Cleavage Surface of Chalcogenied Semiconductor Crystals–In4Se3” USA (RI Prof.GaliyP.V.) (without payment). Joint studies of crystallography of chipping surfaces by DPE methods and electronic spectra of surfaces by UFESKR methods; theoretical calculations of the density of electronic states and electronic spectra with the Center for Advanced Microstructures and Devices (CAMD) of the Louisiana State University and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (CSHA) (with the right to conduct experiments using equipment (HFES and UFES/UFESKR) in the presence of interested persons from the side of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (CSHA) (Prof. Peter A. Dowben and P-DArchit Dhingra and joint publication of the results with the indication of LNU affiliation).
- 3. The research was also carried out within the framework of the cooperation agreement between the Lviv National University and the Wroclaw University of the Republic of Poland. Research topic: “Micro- and nanostructure of surfaces in multiphase semiconductor chalcogenide systems.” The topography and local density of surface electronic states of the In0/InTe(0001) and In0/Sb2Te3(0001) nanosystems were investigated by STM/STS methods, and surface crystallography by the DPE method. Microscopy of AFM, STM and STS, DPE and HFES in ultrahigh vacuum (HVV); experimental study of the fracture surfaces of chalcogenide crystals of layered semiconductors InTe, In2Te3 and Sb2Te3(0001), obtained in the NVV and In0/InTe nanosystems. The research was carried out using modern equipment – “Omicron CTM/AFM” and “SPECS” complexes in the NVV conditions (prof. Antony Ciszewski, Dr. Peter Mazur)/
International Research Projects:
- Professor Bugriy O.M. He completed an internship at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, University of Rzeszów (Republic of Poland).
- Professor Balytsky O.O. completed an internship at the Energy Campus of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (Germany) in Nuremberg from September 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021 under the program of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- Professor Galiy P.V. Scientific internship at the University of Wroclaw in Poland at the Institute of Experimental Physics, Department of Surface Microstructure from 12.09. по 26.09.2019 р.
- Associate Professor Lys R.M. Research internship at Rzeszów Polytechnic University (Rzeszów, Poland, May 27, 2019 – May 31, 2019) within the Erasmus + program.
- Associate Professor Slobodzyan D.P. Internship at the University of Rzeszów (Rzeszów, Poland, 09.2018-06.2019) within the Visegrad Fund program.
- Assistant Kushlik M.O. Participation in the implementation of the Grant of the Polish National Research Center at the Institute of Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences (grant number 2015/17/B/ST5/01658) “Solar spectrum modification via down-conversion based on ytterbium-doped oxides for photovoltaic application” Deadline: 06.2017 -05.2019
Іnternational Educational and Scientific Activities:
- 2021 IEEE XIIth International Conference on Electronics and Information Technologies (ELIT) ( 5-7 May 2021, Lviv, Ukraine)
- International scientific-practical conference FOSS Lviv – 2020
- · International Conference of Students and Young Researchers in Theoretical and Experimental Physics “HEUREKA-2020”
- DESY Ukraine Winter School
Cooperation with foreign scientific institutions:
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln (USA)
- University of Wroclaw (Poland)
- Poznan Institute of Molecular Physics (Poland)
- Kielce Polytechnic Institute (Poland)
- Czestochowa Polytechnic Institute (Poland)
- Josef Stefan Institute (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg (Germany)
- Viaton College (Norton, MA, United States)
- Institute of High Pressure Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences (Warsaw, Poland)
- Institute of Solid State Physics, University of Riga (Riga, Latvia)
- Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic)
- University of Nuremberg (Germany)
- Frascati National Laboratory of the National Institute of Nuclear Physics (Italy)
- Center for Advanced Microstructures and Devices, Louisiana State University and Indiana State University (USA)