Organizing of data and knowledge bases (CS)
Department: system design
|Semester||Amount of hours||Lecturer||Group(s)|
|4||32||Associate Professor Ohirko O. I.||ФеІ-21, ФеІ-22, ФеІ-23|
|Semester||Amount of hours||Group||Teacher(s)|
|4||32||ФеІ-21||Associate Professor Ohirko O. I.|
|ФеІ-22||Associate Professor Ohirko O. I.|
|ФеІ-23||Associate Professor Ohirko O. I.|
Опис навчальної дисципліни
Content of discipline.
In the course “Organization of databases” the work with modern relational databases is considered. The main provisions of the SQL query language for database servers are outlined. Famous databases Microsoft Access, MySQL, PostgreSQL are considered. Theoretical information is fixed by laboratory work. The development of typical databases is considered. Methods of constructing the interface for access to databases are considered. The main attention is paid to the acquisition of knowledge and skills corresponding to the current situation in the field of data and knowledge management systems, the ability to apply the knowledge gained practically.
The object of teaching the subject
The purpose of the training course is to study the basic concepts and methods of database management systems, to master the necessary minimum knowledge for the creation of modern databases data.
Objectives of teaching the subject.
After studying this discipline the student must know:
- the basic concepts of databases;
- forms of information representation in a formalized form;
- SQL query language;
- database design methods;
- MS Access interface;
- MySQL administration systems;
- tools for constructing interfaces to the MySQL database;
- the structure and functionalities of web content management systems (CMS).
The student should be able to:
- develop database structures;
- develop databases and design interfaces in the MS Access environment;
- develop relational databases;
- develop an interface for the MySQL database;
- administer MySQL databases.
Place in the structural-logical scheme of the specialty.
To study the discipline, knowledge is required on the following subjects: higher mathematics, discrete mathematics, algorithm theory, algorithmization and programming, object-oriented programming.