Meeting “Support of the scientist in the conditions of war”
As part of the All-Ukrainian Festival of Science – 2022 (program of events), today will be a round table “Support for scientists during the war” with Ukrainian and American scientists, representatives of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the US Department of Education, US two countries.
According to Yuriy Gamota, President of the Association for Science and Technology Management, who initiated the meeting, “The meeting is mainly about exchanging information, but I also hope that we will be able to discuss closer cooperation between Ukrainian and American scientists and help American the government needs to better understand the needs of the Ukrainian scientific community during this current military situation, as well as the needs of post-war reconstruction. “
Igor Katernyak, Associate Professor of Radiophysics and Computer Technology, who is responsible for holding the round table, sees the task of the meeting to determine the priorities for further cooperation between Ukrainian and US scientists, and here we must first pay attention to materials science, which is has been a visiting rink of Lviv Science for decades, and of course the IT sector of Lviv, which is recognized by well-known consulting companies as the most attractive for cooperation in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Among the participants and speakers:
- Ihor Katernyak – organizer, Associate Professor at the Faculty of Electronics and Computer Technology, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, CEO, UDL System,
- George Gamota – Founder & President, STMA, LLC (Science & Technology Management Associates) in Lexington, MA, US
- Vaughan Turekian – US National Academy of Sciences/Engineering/Medicine, chairman Support of Ukrainian Scientists Working Group
- Roman Gladyshevsky, Vice-Rector for Research of the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Doctor of Chemistry, Professor
- Ihor Taranov – CEO of the Directorate of Science and Innovation, Head of the Expert Group on Innovation Development, Ministry of Education
- Yaroslav Yatskiv, Academician, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- Oleksiy Kolezhuk – Chairman Science Committee, Ukraine, professor of physics, the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- Amy Flatten – American Physical Society, Director for International Programs
- Ray Orbach – former Undersecretary for Science, Department of Energy and professor of physics, University of Texas