Embedded and Mobile Operating Systems (IST)
Type: For the student's choice
Department: radioelectronic and computer systems
|Semester||Amount of hours||Lecturer||Group(s)|
|5||32||Boyko Y. V.||ФеС-31|
|Semester||Amount of hours||Group||Teacher(s)|
|5||32||ФеС-31||Boyko Y. V.|
Опис навчальної дисципліни
The course “Embedded and Mobile Operating Systems” is an elective discipline for the specialty “Information Systems and Technologies”.
• formation of students’ knowledge of fundamental concepts and practical solutions that underlie modern embedded and mobile operating systems;
• formation of students’ practical skills of professional use and administration of embedded and mobile operating systems and the creation of basic system software;
After studying this discipline
the student must know:
• systematics and main trends in the development of modern embedded and mobile operating systems;
• theoretical foundations and practical aspects of the architecture of embedded and mobile operating systems;
• software interfaces of embedded and mobile OS;
• purpose and functions of tools for creating software for embedded and mobile operating systems;
• basics of multitasking programming;
the student must be able to:
• create software modules for various embedded and mobile operating systems;
• apply the functions provided by libraries for different platforms;
• create and implement algorithms for multitasking programs for real-time OS;
• implement complex projects using embedded and mobile operating systems for microcomputers and microcontrollers.
To study the discipline requires knowledge of the following courses: basics of programming and algorithmic languages, electrical engineering and electronics, microcontrollers, computer architecture.
- Jonathan W. Valvano. REAL-TIME OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR ARM CORTEX-M MICROCONTROLLERS. – 2017. – 569 р.
- P. Raghavan, Amol Lad, Sriram Neelakandan.. Embedded Linux system design and development. – Taylor & Francis Group, 2006. – 429 р.
- Gene Sally. Pro Linux Embedded Systems. – Apress, 2010. – 445 h.
- Mastering the FreeRTOS™ Real Time Kernel. – https://freertos.org
- The FreeRTOS™ Reference Manual – https://freertos.org.