Faculty of Electronics and Computer Technology trains bachelors and masters in two modern fields of science – computer science and micro and nanoelectronics.
Students obtain a Bachelor’s Degreel on the basis of full general secondary education after 4 years of study in specialties:
121 – Software Engineering
- Specialists of analysts are trained in this specialty.
- The educational program provides in-depth training in modern IT technologies (DS, AI, IoT), IT project management, study of web programming, parallel and distributed programming, programming patterns, information networks, databases, information processing, software and data security.
- Takes into account the latest requirements for the connection of theoretical knowledge with practical training in the field of information technology for effective implementation in further professional activities.
- Forms specialists who work with the development, maintenance and quality assurance of software.
- The educational program of this specialty is developed taking into account the recommendations of leading IT companies specializing in the development and quality assurance of software: GlobalLogic, EPAM Systems, Eleks, SigmaSoftware, Lviv IT cluster.
- Involves the involvement of IT specialists in the educational process. Forms specialists who work with the development, maintenance and quality assurance of software.
- Possibility of manufacturing in modern enterprises, both state-owned and private sectors, which specialize in manufacturing, designing, servicing and upgrading electronic equipment and computer systems.
121 – High Performance Computing (Educational program of dual education)
- The primary feature of the program is the dual form of education: students will officially work while studying in partner IT companies, in particular, the program guarantees internships and testing of knowledge in the company GlobalLogic.
- The educational program of this specialty is developed taking into account the recommendations of leading IT companies specializing in the development, maintenance and evaluation of software quality.
- The educational program takes into account the latest requirements for the connection of theoretical knowledge with practical training in the field of information technology. The program involves the involvement of IT specialists in the educational process.
- Students of the program will comprehensively develop “soft” skills (English, critical thinking, communication), will undergo design and production internships in partner companies. The program provides two areas of training: High Performance Systems (High Performance Systems) or High Performance Technologies (High Performance Technologies).
- The peculiarities of the directions are the deepening of knowledge in the fundamental systems of calculations and algorithms and methods of big data research, respectively.
- The educational and professional program of the specialty is based on the well-known provisions and results of software development and testing, focuses on specialization in the field of high-performance computing. The main components of high-performance computing are biocomputing, social computing, mobile computing, quantum computing, cloud computing, edge edge computing, fpga computing, cognitive computing, applicative computing systems, metacomputing, ubiquitous computing computing), financial computing.
- The program aims to train professionals who are able to set and solve tasks related to the development, maintenance and quality assurance of software, as well as able to conduct theoretical and experimental research on the use of high-performance systems.
- Opportunities to build professional and scientific careers in the form of internships in IT companies in the following areas: development, analysis and creation of effective algorithms for solving problems of varying complexity using modern high-performance computing technologies; construction of algorithms with the possibility of scaling when changing the dimension of the problem and changing the available computing power; design and development of architecture and software solutions that can adapt to high loads and make the most efficient use of allocated resources, ensuring the operation and use of appropriate hardware and software.
122 – Computer Science
- This program is a dual educational program in partnership with the IT company SoftServe.
- Integration of computer science and information technology training with innovation.
- The program is adapted to the requirements of the latest IT industry and is based on basic knowledge of mathematical and physical disciplines, which are the basis for the implementation of information systems and technologies; modern ideas about trends, patterns of information technology.
- The educational program of this specialty provides teaching of certain disciplines by specialists of IT enterprises and institutions of the NAS of Ukraine, the possibility of internships in leading IT companies (SoftServe, EPAM, ELEKS, N-iX).
- This specialty trains specialists in the field of computer science, including computer-engineered intelligent systems, artificial intelligence systems and data analysis.
- The educational program is aimed at studying mathematical models, methods and algorithms for solving theoretical and applied problems arising in the development of IT, development of modern technologies and programming platforms, ability to work with methods of collecting, analyzing and consolidating distributed information, technologies and methods of design, development and quality assurance of IT components, computer graphics methods and data visualization technologies, knowledge engineering technologies, CASE IT modeling and design technologies.
- Involvement in cooperation with IT companies during training.
- Graduates can work as database administrators, system administrators, decision architects, software engineers, information technology specialists, software development and testing specialists. Opportunity to work while studying on external projects provided by partner companies of the Faculty (in particular, SoftServe).
126 – Information systems and technologies
- The most popular specialty in the IT market; modern IT education; practical training in IT companies (training practice on project work, production practice), in-depth training on modern IT technologies (DS, AI, IoT); cooperation with IT companies for the development of educational programs; ability to quickly integrate into IT companies.
- This specialty has the status of support of the Lviv IT cluster
- The specialty includes the following areas: artificial intelligence and machine learning, data science data analytics, the Internet of Things, smart solutions and systems.
- The educational program is based on modern knowledge of mathematical and physical disciplines, which are the basis for the implementation of information systems and technologies; modern ideas about trends, patterns of information technology.
- The educational program includes: teaching of certain disciplines by specialists of IT enterprises and institutions of the NAS of Ukraine, the possibility of internships in leading IT companies (SoftServe, EPAM, ELEKS, N-iX), the availability of university-wide academic mobility program.
- This specialty is focused on knowledge in the field of information technology; information systems; design, implementation, operation of computer-integrated systems.
153 – Sensor & Analitical systems
- This specialty has the status of support of the Lviv IT cluster.
- Adapted to the requirements of the IT industry educational program of the specialty, high level of teaching and modern training equipment, teamwork on practical projects under the guidance of mentors from IT companies and scientists, development of modern sensor and diagnostic systems.
- Specialists in sensory and analytical systems are trained in this specialty.
- The program is based on modern knowledge of mathematical and physical disciplines, which are the basis for micro- and nanosystem technology; modern ideas about trends, patterns of development of micro- and nanosystem technology.
- The educational program of the specialty provides the ability to system thinking, solving optimization problems and updating the structural elements of sensory and diagnostic electronic systems, devices for physical and biomedical purposes.
- Graduates of this specialty will be able to monitor and diagnose the condition of equipment, perform prevention and maintenance of modern micro- and nanosystem technology, be able to use modern information technology and computer software, gain skills in working with computer networks, databases and Internet resources to solve engineering problems of development, implementation and research of computer systems and technologies in various fields of human activity, national economy and production.
- Ability to design embedded systems based on microcontrollers, develop sensor systems for the Internet of Things (IoT), program processes for processing and protection of signals, data and information, manage projects and software solutions, ensure the quality of embedded solutions will allow graduates to be highly qualified technicians in electronics and telecommunications.
171 – Electronics and computer systems
- Development of modern electronic and computer systems, high level of teaching and learning in innovative laboratories, practical training and employment prospects in IT companies, the opportunity to participate in international mobility programs, educational program developed with the support of leading IT companies.
- The specialty has the status of support of the Lviv IT cluster.
- Specialists in electronics and computer systems are trained in this specialty.
- The educational program includes the study of programming and architecture of computers, automated and embedded systems, digital signal and data processing, development of interfaces based on microcontrollers, modeling in electronics, research of modern computer-aided design systems in electronics.
- Bility to design automated control systems, program and debug microprocessor systems, develop electronic systems for technological processes, test integrated circuits, develop interfaces for electronic devices will allow you to be potential skilled employees of IT companies.
The educational Master’s degree is obtained by bachelors or specialists of corresponding specialties after one and a half years of study in specialties:
122 – Computer science and information technology,
- “Information technology of design”;
- “System design”;
- “Systems of artificial intelligence”;
- “Specialized computer systems”;
153 – Micro and nanosystem technology,
- “Physical and biomedical electronics”.
Applicants submit a bachelor’s degree (or specialist) and pass a professional entrance exam and a single entrance exam (EMI) in a foreign language, if the bachelor’s degree is related to the relevant master’s degree.
Entrants from other specialties take an additional professional entrance exam before the main professional exam.